- CDC: US Administers About 384.9M Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines September 18, 2021The United States has administered 384,911,290 doses of COVID-19 vaccines as of Saturday morning and distributed 466,569,635 doses, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
- Russia’s ruling pro-Putin party wins election but loses some ground – early results September 19, 2021By Maria Tsvetkova and Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber MOSCOW (Reuters) -Russia's ruling United Russia party was on course to secure a comfortable victory in a three-day parliamentary election despitemayor
- Taliban leader seeks foreign assistance for displaced Afghans September 19, 2021Taliban's refugee minister Haqqani tells Al Jazeera urgent actions are needed to help displaced Afghans before winter.
- Lancet article calls for ‘objective, open and transparent’ debate over COVID-19 origins September 19, 2021Lancet medical journal article calls for “objective” and “transparent” debate about SARS-CoV-2 virus origins, months after condemning “conspiracy theories” about a possible China lab leak.Jessica Chasmar
- Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa carted off with rib injury after taking big hit from Bills September 19, 2021Tua Tagovailoa exited the Dolphins' game against the Bills after the quarterback took a hard hit from defensive end A.J. Epenesa.
- Putin's party expected to secure emphatic win as polls close in Russia September 19, 2021Vladimir Putin's United Russia party is expected to secure an emphatic win as polls close in the country's parliamentary election.